Friday 5 November 2010

Facebook time?

Who hasnt got a facebook yet? I always on facebook whenever i am online....... Update whatever I am doing, whatever I feel about, upload any picture anytime, comment my friend's status or photo as soon as they update. Oh wells, I am just so addicted to facebook it's almost like I cant live without facebook. I am sure there are alot of people out there are the same as me like.
I am also aware that, there are alot of fake profile or someone else trying to impersonate another to get access into other's profile. This is just so dangerous. Because we always update our daily life on our facebook to share with our friends. To people who know us in person.
To avoid this, I will only accept people whom I really know and customise my privacy settings so that only my friends will know some information of me. But, this might not be secure enough though because facebook fraud is a major issue.

Even if I dont have stranger in my account, but there are hackers out there who will hack into other's account to scam people or whatsoever malliciously. So facebook has now implementing new ways of detecting when its user's account has been hacked and is adding warnings if it is accessed from unusual places or different method than usual. Besides, if you are logging from an unusual location, you will need to answer a security question and a notification will be sent to your email or via sms.

Eventhough Facebook has been implementing new ways to prevent account being hack, but a hacker is still possible to hack into any account. Afterall, we as user should use it wisely and not to trust any news that pass around facebook without asking the real person for the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment